Thursday, July 19, 2012


BBQ – The Yavapai County Fire Ban 2012 has been lifted.

On 7-17-12 Yavapai County and the USDA Forest Service have lifted the fire bans. We have had 5.36 inches of rain at our home, over the last two weeks, before the fire ban was lifted. The Monsoons did not bring rain to some areas of the county until three days ago. Yavapai County is barely smaller than Massachusetts and larger than New Jersey. Elevations above sea level are from 1900 feet to 7979 feet. We live at 4100 feet. Yavapai has 19 official Wilderness areas.

Boneless elk chops with Cajun seasoning and a small salmon fillet over mesquite coals on the BBQ.

Prop the lid on ‘Ol Reliable. The paint is faded and I made a handle with extension a few years. The trick is to get enough oxygen to keep the coals going but not enough for a flame. This BBQ grill replaced my Brinkman Smoker.


With results like this it is awesome. I have the best of outdoor culinary excellence, a good air control wood BBQ grill and a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. Yes, I still have my ‘Ol potbelly Weber wood BBQ grill that I use when we have big parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment