Sunday, March 24, 2013

Second Electric Smoke of 2013


I’ve been working a lot of overtime and have not had time to do a smoke for a while.
Now on 3/24/13 we went shopping and found salmon, pork butt, chicken thighs and hot Italian sausage on sale at Fry’s Foods (Kroger).

8.24 lbs. Pork Butt Roast – Smothered in Bill Johnson’s BBQ Sauce

4.75 lbs. Kroger Chicken Thighs – Smothered in Bill Johnson’s BBQ Sauce

2.46 lbs. and 2.30 lbs. Atlantic Salmon skin on fillets – no salt or seasoning

10 pack Hot Italian Sausage Denmark Foods from Phoenix, AZ   
I started the pre-heat at 4:00pm set at 225*F.
At 4:30 I put everything in, left the vent closed and added two trays of Cherry Wood Chips.
At 6:45 I pulled the Salmon and removed it from the skin. I forgot to salt the Salmon, but it came out fantastic. I guess Wild Salmon must have salt in the meat. The picture colors did not come out correctly it has pink meat.
At 7:30 I pulled the Chicken Thighs and Hot Sausage. The Pork Butt is at 140*F per the wireless probe.
At 9:30pm the Pork Butt had been 170*F for ½ hour. I pulled it and turned off the smoker.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment