Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fifth Electric Smoke:

½ hour pre-heat with 3 cups RO water in pan, vent closed and smoker temperature set at 225*F

At 14:15 the smoke was started. I put 1@ Salmon Fillet (no brine or spice), 1 @ Steelhead Fillet (no brine or spice), 1@ 5.46 Lbs. Pork Tenderloin Roast (Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Ground Red Chili Powder), 1 @ 2.58 Lbs. Beef Chuck Roast (Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder), 2@ Pork Rack of Ribs cut in ½ (Bill Johnsons BBQ Sauce), 3@ Potatoes, 3@ Zucchini Squash and 2 @ Summer Goose Neck Squash.

This is a low sodium healthy living smoke. The BBQ sauce is the only thing that has salt in it.

This smoke I am using split up Hickory pieces form http://www.woodinc.com/. I use them in their “cookin chunk” size for barbequing instead of briquettes.  

 
I ran out of room on the rib rack so I rolled up ¼ ribs on the roast rack. This is 10 minutes into smoke. The breeze cleared the smoke well enough for a clear picture.

I added more hickory chips 1 hour into smoke at 15:15, after 2 hours and 3 hours.

I pulled the fish @ 3 hours. It was perfect with internal temperature of 170*F. I check the internal temperature of the two roasts which also were at 170*F.


The skin just lifted off. The meat is moist, tender, flaky and tastes amazing. At 225* in the electric water smoker the results are incredible. This would have never been this good in a wood smoker.

I dropped the smoker temperature to 170*F at 3 hours into smoke to hold the food temperature and tenderize the ribs, and roasts. They are looking really good.

The smoker was still at 185*F until I opened the door to pull the vegetables at 4 hours into the smoke. If you like BBQ’d zucchini you’ll be in heaven with electric water smoked vegetables. They are so tender, flavorful and moist.

The old wood smoker trick of hot seal to start, and then low to tenderize worked like a charm for this smoke.

I pulled the meat at 5 hours into the smoke or 19:15.

Everything was succulent, moist and tender. This was a perfect smoke.
3 hour at 225*F then drop the temperature to 170*F for the last 2 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment