Sunday, October 14, 2012

Twelfth Electric Smoke


(8-11-12). I have been working too much overtime to even have time to run the smoker. I work and am successful through my efforts, therefore I am a Republican. Today I was called out to work as soon as I started the smoke.

Rhonda jumped in and saved the day.

I did a ½ hour preheat at 225*F.

On the menu are Safeway Pork Ribs that were extra meaty and Chicken Thighs that I smothered in Stubbs BBQ sauce. I also did a Salmon Fillet that was salted to taste and set on the counter for an hour at 3% humidity. Yes there is more, try a few Brats. Oh yea, Mushrooms on every empty spot on the racks.

At 2:10 pm I started the Ribs and chicken with mesquite wood chips. Then I got called out to restore power to part of Sedona, so off to work I go. I did get John McCain’s power back on back in late August when he was at the convention. I wish I could have met him and told him Thank You for everything he has done for our country. He is a true American.

Hopefully Mitt and Paul replace the current liars and clowns of the Obama administration who have failed the middle class and poor. Get out and Vote.

At 2:56 pm Rhonda added the Salmon and more mesquite wood chips.

At3:30 pm she added the mushrooms with tongs to ever empty spot.

At 4:00 pm she put in more wood chips.

At 5:00 pm our guests arrived.

At 6:00 pm Rhonda and my son, Stewart, pulled everything and I arrived home 10 minutes later to an amazing feast with family and friends.


Yes, they did save me some smoked Mushrooms.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment